Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Plan:

Ok, so I have a goal...now for the plan! I have an ultimate goal and I'm going to set smaller goals to reach along the way to help keep me motivated. I am totally motivated by rewards so when I complete my first goal I will set a reward for myself. Here goes...:

Ultimate goal: Reach Healthy weight of 150

Smaller goal #1: Lose 20lbs in 12 weeks!

Reward for goal #1: JCrew purchase

I'm going to start there and then continue to work towards my greater ultimate goal.

Now for the plan:

I will document my food and work out choices each day/week to keep me accountable.

Extras: There are some things I'm doing to aid in my success.

#1. No sugar. I did this a couple years ago and did great for 3 months! By no sugar I mean I will not add sugar to my diet, while I will be mindful of my food choices, I will allow myself to have certain things like ketchup, peanut butter, etc. that contain sugar in strict moderation to add flavor to my meals. I will do this for this first part of my weight loss plan and will allow myself 1 treat a week in the next phase of my plan.

#2. No eating after 8pm. Ideally it would be 7pm but with a baby, I never get to sleep before midnight. Hopefully I can bump this to 7 in the next phase.

#3. Limit carbs after lunch. I will try and have most carbs or starches at breakfast and lunch. I will allow myself natural carbs (fruit) though.

OK, There it is. Wish me luck!

PS, It's day 4 officially and I've done great so far!

Goods:
* 4 days with no sugar! I've done great so far! A friend told me if I get a sweet craving to eat a pickle and it will satisfy it! I haven't had to use this yet!

* I've done really well with my carbs and have mostly eaten healthy, natural carbs along with protein and plenty of fruits and veggies.

OK's:
* I had 1 day this week where I didn't eat dinner (salad) till 8:45! Mostly I did well though drinking herbal tea when I got hungry after 8. Next week we'll do better!

Goals this week:
*Take a walk with the hubbs after kids go to bed x4.

*No eating after 8PM!!!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment