Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Loves

So, I know my posts have been totally boring because I mostly write about what I eat everyday. Even though that's the main reason I started this blog, I do want it to be a journal of where I'm at in my journey. It has been now 15 days since I've started this whole adventure and I have to say..I'm really proud of myself. It was not that long ago that I was overindulging in anything and everything at my leisure.

They say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. I am more than half way there and I really am feeling very good. I haven't seen a ton of weight loss but I feel so much better! I have to say I feel totally empowered knowing that I can choose what I put into my body and I have a great responsibility to take care of it, I have to! It's the only one I'm gonna get! I have found some new loves that have made the journey to this point SO much easier!!!

1. Herbal Tea- I love celestial seasons sleepy time and mint medley. I drink probably 3-4 HUGE mugs a day! Straight up no sweetener (loved this before the diet!)

2. Wasa crackers- LOVE them! They're yummy with guacamole spread on them! I much on them w/ laughing cow cheese and apples for a snack

3. Laughing cow low fat swiss wedges- yum!

4. Jazz apples- I love braeburn apples but I may love Jazz even more (still debating but definitely a contender!)

5. Greek yogurt- Lately I've been loving yogurt parfaits w/ frozen berries and granola for crunch!! It's so much better for you than regular yogurt!

6. Amy's Burritos- saw these all over blog sites and then went over to my friend S' house and she let me try one for lunch. I've been in love ever since. I think I've had one every day since! They're so convenient and delicious! Black Bean and Veggie is my fav!

7. Red Mango- OK, I had to put this down even though I haven't had it in so long! It's totally good...I mean better for you than reg. ice cream...It IS frozen yogurt! My friend S from Houston took me there and I had the original w/ strawberries, almonds and dark chocolate chips...SOOOOOOOO yummy! It's gonna be the first thing I have before we leave on the cruise!!

8. Lemon Luna bars- I loved Luna bars before. They're one of my favorite protein bars but I tried this one the other day and I have to tell you...I swear totally near a lemon bar! YUM

9. Agave nectar and turbinado sugar- anyone who knows me, knows I DO NOT like diet food! I really don't like artificial sweeteners! I can't stand the after taste so when I was looking for something to use in my oatmeal, I tried these and they're great! I love that they're natural and good for you!

10. "Cookie Muffins"- On one of my fav health blogs T made up a recipe for a 3 min. oatmeal "cookie". I tried it and it was more like a 1.5 minute "cookie muffin". It's shaped like a cookie but has more the texture of a muffin. I made them with blueberries instead of the raisins and DELICIOUS!!!! I like to use turbinado sugar and load them with flax seeds! These puppies have saved my no sugar, no treats plan!!!! They're only 140 calories! Awesome.

"Cookie Muffin"
1/4 c. Rolled Oats
1 egg white or 1/8 c. liquid egg whites
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp. agave or turbinado or brown sugar
2 tsp. flour
2 Tbsp. blueberries or raisins or craisins

mix in microwave safe bowl. scrape sides and flatten into cookie shape. Microwave 1 min. let cool. dig in. Seriously....this will change your life! Great after a work out or for breakfast or just a snack. Delicious with pb on top!

So there you have it...I think I'll make this a regular post every week! I've been trying so many new things...and LOVING it!

No comments:

Post a Comment