Saturday, February 27, 2010

Top 10

This week has been a crazy week! We are getting so busy around here and unfortunately it's only going to get worse! Ahhhhhh...7 weeks and then me and my man will be on our way to pinacoladaville!:)...In the mean time....Here's my list of favorite's for this week!
#10- Chia Seeds..Omega 3's and 6's, high in protein, boosts metabolism by slowing rate by which carbs turn to sugar. Great in oats or smoothies!
#9- agave nectar.. What would I do with out this all natural sweetener?
#8- Steel cut oats..So much better than regular oats! I love the texture and my kids love them too!
#7- Almond Milk..less than half the calories of regular milk and tastes great too!
#6- Bananas...can I just say how much I love these yellow crescents of love? PB and banana..my favorite new additions to oatmeal! sooooo good!
#5- Roasted Brussel Sprouts...so great and totally in season!
#4- Roasted Fennel...Seriously..how can you go wrong?..They turn totally sweet and yummy!
#3- Salmon..so good. easy to prepare...just grill or pop in the oven covered for 15-20 minutes..so good.
#2- Coconut water...OK I'm noticing this stuff everywhere..I grew up drinking it and now I find out it's totally good for you! It's so much better than a sports drink!
and...dun..duh..duh..dun...
#1...Barney Butter almond butter...OK, this stuff is good..no great! I love it with bananas in my oatmeal! I crave the combo..it's that good!

Hope you get to try these soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment