Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 33...Today was a good day. I woke up so sore from "the shred" yesterday that I skipped pilates this morning (seriously...pathetic) but I'm going to do some yoga tonight! I had a going away lunch to go to at noon but decided to eat my lunch before to be safe! Last night D came home w/ crab legs at 8pm so I ended up busting my cut off time so I really needed to stick to the plan today! Good thing because A had a yummy spread of goodies laid out! Everything looked so good! THere was so much food and.... the treats! How I mustered the strength to resist...one thing...cruisin 2010!!!! Plus w/ my body still hurting from yesterday, I was not about to blow it!


I did bring some home for the fam though (I know crazy right?)...so far so good:). This morning I put in the turkey meat loaf I prepped last night. The family loved it!!! Little D was suprised to learn I put apples in it. I am finding my kids are actually adapting to our healthier eating life style so well! D?...not so much. He loves to eat well but I think he's really missing the fried stuff! He does so great on the fitness end. He's very active and plays some sort of sport 3-4 times a week. What he struggles with is his diet. He loves chips, burgers, fried chicken, and homemade desserts..oh and SODA!!!! I on the other hand, eat pretty healthy (other than my love for treats) but what I really struggle with is exercise. If only we could combine the two of into one! We'd be the perfect healthy person!

Anyway, the fam loved the meat loaf and J and M (my pickiest eaters) even finished off their dinner! Yay! I was nervous because J doesn't like "mixed up" food (food that is mixed w/ anything resembling a veggie, fruit or nut), but he loved it!...OK maybe not "loved" but finished it none the less.



I feel healthier and strong. Since beginning my "plan" on Jan. 14, I have had a total of 3 headaches! Amazing. I feel better all the way around. I am so happy with the changes I've made in my family's diet. We are going through so much produce! We really always ate lots of fruit and veggies, but I love that their tummy's are being filled with good, nutrient filled whole foods! Awesome. The last time we ate out as a family was when we were at Great Wolf Lodge! That was in January! Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment