Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

I awoke this morning w/ a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a sweet card from my valentine and then we showered our other mini valentine's with their gifts. When we were expecting our first baby I convinced D to exchange our V Day gifts at midnight...He gave me mine (I can't even remember what is was because I was so nervous to give him his!) and I gave him a bag that had baby stuff all over it. He didn't even notice the bag and dug straight in! First he pulled out a baby bottle and gave me a funny look, then he pulled out a rattle and his eyes got real big..and when he pulled out the pregnancy test he jumped up and grabbed me and screamed! It was the cutest and best moment. He had the biggest smile on his face and couldn't stop kissing my belly..Later he had an idea...He would get me and our daughter's valentine presents and I would be in charge of him and our boys. Sounded fair...I came from a family of 3 girls and 1 boy and he had 4 girls and 3 boys in their house. Boy did I get set up! Who would have thought we'd end up with 1 girl and 4 boys!!

With 4 boys and D to buy for I feel like the boys always get a little cheated! Every year, D comes in w/ some great gift for K and my poor boys get a few little "trinkets" usually from the dollar rack at the "red" store as J calls it. This year was no different. K opened her bag to find a snazzy new watch and the boys got.....stationary. sigh. Instantly I felt bad but then I looked up and little D was so excited " It's got our names on it!" He was so excited to have his very own personalized stationary...J (6 yr old)...not so much "Why do I get cards and K gets a watch?!" :(...You can't win them all...next year I'll have to step it up I guess.

What did you give your valentines?..
Yesterday, D and I got to spend some much needed time together! We went to Rick's for lunch...um..delicious. seriously. I did great w/ my choices and stuck to the plan. I had the crab cake which was sitting on a bed of corn and spinach. This is so decadent and rich. It is so delicious and I was craving it! It did not disappoint! D had the cowboy and I tasted a few bites but to be honest, it was too fatty for me.




Rick's Jumbo lump crab cake...delicious.

Later that night we went w/ friends to our favorite sushi joint..Blue Fish..YUM..I had miso (they have the best miso soup I have ever tasted. ever.) Ahi tower (My favorite. seriously.), Rock Manhattan, Spider Roll, Rainbow Roll (this was our first time to try..so good). I had 1/4 of the ahi tower, 2 pcs. Rock Manhattan, 1 pc. spider, 1 pc. salmon. I was stuffed! It was so good though.

After sushi, we decided to go get frozen yogurt...YES, I broke the no sugar for Red Mango!!! I didn't feel bad though, I shared my favorite combo w/ D and it was so worth it! I can't believe I could eat one all by myself usually. I let myself have that for that one day. It was day 31 of my no sugar plan and I'm proud of myself. I decided to let myself indulge and get right back on today. So today is technically my 31st day w/ no sugar since I did have the yogi yesterday.

My original plan was to go cold turkey..no sugar for a month or so and then let myself have 1 treat a week. I think what I'm going to do now is continue with the no sugar until the month before the cruise and then 1 treat a week...I don't want to go from no sugar to total free for all because I don't want to end up going crazy on the cruise. I do want to continue with my weight loss after the cruise:)! That's the plan for now.

My valentine's feast: Leftover chili + 2 egg whites + yummy fruit salad



Goals for this week:
Food- NO Sugar, cut off 8pm, eat breakfast and drink more water!
Exercise- work out x 4..wii, walk, yoga dvd and 30 day shred.
Sleep- get to bed by 10









No comments:

Post a Comment