Saturday, March 20, 2010


Remember these yummy pumpkin muffins that my girl M made?

Well, you're in luck because here's the recipe! I made them this morning and made some of my own modifications. This is a really good recipe that is easily adjusted. For example, I wanted to add some flax and chia goodness...no prob! I also was short on pumpkin (I was making a double batch) so I mashed 1 ripe banana and it was totally yummy! Love that!

M's Yummy Pumpkin Muffins
1 1/2 c. oats (ground in a food processor for 2-3 minutes)
1tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 T ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. plain yogurt
2tsp. vanilla
3 lg. egg whites or 2 whole eggs
1/2 c. honey
1 c. pumpkin
2T. finely chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, whatever you like)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep muffin tin w/ cups.

Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Mix together. Add nuts. Stir well. Scoop into muffin tins. Bake 15 minutes. Serve w/ any nut butter and banana and honey drizzle...deliciousness.

Mama Muffin Modifications
I made a double batch and followed the recipe except I added
1/2 c. flax seeds (ground)
1/4 c. chia (ground)
1/2 c. honey +1/4 c. agave nectar
1/2 c. pumpkin +1 mashed banana

Everything else was the same and it turned out fantastic! My kids loved them! I don't know if Hot Papa will like them (They just "look" too healthy for him!)..but we'll see!

Enjoy! Thanks M!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment